These triple layer squares are simple to make with no compromise in taste. it makes a very good treat for kids. The base layer has all the goodness of almonds and oats while the middle caramel layer gives the chewiness and melt in your mouth chocolate layer on top. Believe me, it was all gone in a second when we made it at home!
Just a few ingredients and you are all ready to go
Lets jump to the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup oat meal
- 1/2 cup butter (100 g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup good quality chocolate
- Grind 1 1/2 cups almond and 1 cup oats separately to get oat meal and almond meal.
2. In a mixing bowl, add oat meal, almond meal, baking powder, salt and brown sugar and give it a nice mix.
3. Add chill butter and mix using your hands till it becomes crumbly. Add vanilla essence and mix till everything comes together. Do not over mix.
4. Spread it evenly on a baking pan greased and lined with parchment paper. Level it using a bowl. Bake for 45 minutes at 200 °. Allow it to cool.
5. In a saucepan, melt butter and add brown sugar. Stir continuously to avoid caramel from sticking to the bottom. Once it starts boiling add condensed milk. Let it boil for a few more seconds before you turn off the stove.
6. Pour the caramel on the base layer and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 15 in for the caramel to set.
7. Set up a double boiler and melt the chocolate over medium low flame. Pour it on the caramel layer and evenly spread. Refrigerate for 1 hour for the chocolate to set.
8. Time to cut the into squares. Let it come to room temperature before you enjoy the chewy chocolate caramel squares.