This flaky paratha made with whole wheat flour is very indulgent, enjoyable and heavenly with a good dose of garlic herb butter. This is a good alternative to the refined flour parathas. If you are bored with the regular rotis and chapathis you must give this a try. It will definitely be worth all your time and effort. This layered buttery paratha will just melt in your mouth. Read further for a step by step process with photos.
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp curd
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Water as required
- 2-3 Tbsp melted salted butter
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Cooking oil
1.In a mixing bowl, take whole wheat flour and salt. Mix well. Then add the curd and mix. Add required amount of water to make a nice soft dough.
2. Coat the dough with little oil. Cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
3. Take the melted butter in a bowl and add the garlic and coriander. Mix well and keep it aside.
4. Make 5 medium sized balls.
5. Roll the dough as thin as possible using a rolling pin.
6. Apply about a spoon of the prepared butter mixture evenly on the rolled dough.
7. Fold like a paper fan. Stretch and twist gently.
8. Roll from one end to the other end and tuck in.
9. Flatten the dough using a rolling pin. Don’t make it too thin as the layers will disappear.
10. Heat a little oil in a tawa and cook the parathas on medium flame until both sides turn brown.
11. Serve it with pickle and curd or with a side dish of your choice.