Craving for some lip-smacking gravies to accompany chapathis or rotis? You’ll definitely want to try this delectable paneer butter masala. Positively, most of us love the paneer gravies served at restaurants. From now on there is no need to hold back your yearning to have paneer butter masala until the next time you visit a restaurant. You can make it easily at home and you cannot resist indulging in more of this buttery creamy gravy. Scroll down for this appetizing recipe.
- 200 g paneer
- 1 big onion
- 4 medium size tomatoes
- 15 cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
1. To a hot saucepan, add 1 tbsp cooking oil and saute roughly chopped onions, tomatoes and cashew nuts till the tomatoes get mushy. You can add salt to hasten the tomato cooking.
2. Let it cool. Transfer the contents to a mixer jar and grind to a fine paste. Adding water will help.
3. Pass the ground contents through a sieve. This will aid remove the tomato skin and coarse cashew pieces.
4. In another saucepan, add 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil. Saute ginger garlic paste until the raw smell disappears.
4. Then goes in the ground and sieved paste. Saute till it starts bubbling.
5. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala. Mix well.
6. Add required amount of water and drop the cubed paneer pieces inside. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes. Stir intermittently to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
7. Crush kasuri methi into it and add fresh cream. Mix well and turn off the stove.
8. Transfer contents to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh cream and coriander. Serve with Indian bread.