How to make fudge brownies | Fudgy chocolate brownies | Walnut brownie
Chocolate brownies are a piece of heaven on earth. These drool worthy and super fudgy brownies are definitely a treat for your taste buds. The goodness of the chocolate and the crunchiness of the walnuts makes this brownie a crowd pleaser.
There are three varieties of brownies: fudgy, cakey and chewy. Our personal favorite is a super fudgy brownie which has a crackly top and a melt in your mouth centre. The secret to a good brownie is not to over bake them. Do give it a try and we are sure you will love them.
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 140 g butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar/ white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp vanilla essence
- 200 g chocolate, melted
- 1/4 chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup choco chips (optional)
1. Line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and grease it generously with butter. Preheat the oven.
2. Beat butter and sugar until nice and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well combined.
4. Add in the vanilla essence.
5. Melt 200 g of chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Cool it completely.
6. Add the melted chocolate to the batter and mix until combined.
7. Sift in the dry ingredients, all purpose flour, cocoa powder and salt. Reserve a little of the flour if you are going to add the nuts and choco chips.
8. Gently fold until combined. Do not overmix.
9. Take the nuts and choco chips and mix it with the reserved flour. This will prevent the nuts from settling down while baking.
10. Transfer the batter to the baking dish and bake for 35-40 mins at 200 ° C.
11. A tooth pick inserted must come out with wet crumbs. Do not overbake.
12. Cool it completely on a wire rack before cutting it.